Monday, October 5, 2009

LD/LBO

I am designing a show. There is a rep plot, but it's still up to me what comes up and when it happens. There are channels preprogrammed into submasters, but cues can't be programmed so everything is brought up and cross-faded as X and Y. All the same, I am, for all intents and purposes, the designer. I am also the LBO and therefore am having difficulty designing as the only time I am in the theater is during tech when I am in the booth... which is positioned to the side leaving me unable to see the whole stage. It's an interesting experience.

Day 3 is tomorrow. I'm on a mission to get some barn doors as I am only allowed to change focus, color, position, and shutter cuts on 3 or 4 of the fixtures.

I am nervous and excited and... sigh... more on this later.

No comments: