Thursday, January 20, 2011

Divine Intervention

Given the consistent changes of the details of my belief system, I try not to go "all god-y" on people too often. However, sometimes I feel it can't be contributed to much else.  Okay, so my vision of "God" isn't a man in the clouds, sitting in a straight back, but semi-fluffy chair with a little man [aka "son"] sitting by his right side.  My understanding of this omniscience is something less tangible.  And this graceful-exhalation-of-love has a way of making things work out.  Often it seems more like coincidence, time, others, etc, but every once in a while you get a blatant, in-your-face: stop worrying, I'll take care of it.  These moments, like marathons, often make me unexpectedly emotional. I was talking with a close friend of mine who was offered an interview out of the blue from someone she only sort of knew.  She was offered the job today. It was well needed and well deserved.  And yet, it doesn't make sense. Why would this guy have been moved to tell her about the opening to begin with? He didn't know her and I don't think he knew her needs. It wasn't directly related to the job she was currently working. There are a lot of unanswered questions.

There's a lot of good in this world.