Sunday, May 9, 2010

Ready... Freddy... Go!

Tomorrow is Commencement.

Commencement is:

1. The first existence of anything; act or fact of commencing; rise; origin; beginning; start.


Many people sit and reminisce about dorm experiences and studying in the pine grove. We have walked to school in snow storms that could bury the smaller students and completed papers that have and they are both things to take note of. We are not the first or last to experience anything, but we should treasure it. I have plenty to be thankful for. My time at Hope College has been filled with joys, neutral feelings, and the less favorable kind, but it was time and I like to think I've grown, that we've grown. We've figured a couple things out and now we're ready to commence! It's time to begin. With an even stronger safety net that's further than it's ever been, we are entrusted with great knowledge to achieve great things and love fully.

Nine members of my family are in Holland this weekend for my graduation. While the actual event may not warrant throngs of people flocking from Ohio, I believe any opportunity to spend time with family is [almost always] one to be taken. I have amazing parents who believe in me and are 100% behind me. I have siblings that are already accomplishing great things and continue to care about their work, their friends, and their loved ones. I have Grandparents who love each other and who struggle every day, but remain strong and love even stronger now than ever before. I have relatives that care and a family that wants to be a family. I hope to always be in and foster such families. Whether it's a Confucian duty or something completely different, I don't know. I just know that they radiate strength and love and I want to radiate it back.



In truth, thanks to everyone. Sure, there are certain events in the last four years one could complain about, and I won't try to claim that I was always in a place that felt "right," but there have always been people there to support and love me. My whole senior seminar class seemed to do that this semester and not a single one of them was obligated to in any way. They encourage my belief in "Good People".

Thank you for making the last 4, and the last 21/22 years of my life what it has been. Tomorrow is commencement, but we already know that every beginning is some other ending... and that's okay.




Things I love:
Seeing friends out
My housemates
Adventures
My Grandparents
Nice Displays of Affection
Affection
Breathing

No comments: