Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Napping House

I live in the Napping House.
While I can sleep well most places when the day is tiring enough, I can typically sleep more here either way. Something about being home causes me to nap more freely and oversleep more often. Today T and I were supposed to run at 9:30- not terribly early. I got up when my alarm went off and even changed my clothes, but woke up at 9:37 to her text realizing that I had done this all in my sleep and was late. I ended up not going running. Despite the rest, my body wasn't up to it. I am beginning to worry that if I keep babying my hips I will never be a "real runner" again, but there's still hope. It just, like so many other things, takes time... and care... Apparently, it also takes lots of naps.


I am back in this house. I am back in the napping house. It is a place where I close my eyes for longer than my average duration, but it is also a place in which I hope to rejuvenate so I can accomplish great things when I leave again.
I don't know if it works that way and my inspiration has not been as high as I would've hoped. I suppose the most likely reason for this is that I am consistently wrong in my guesses as to the reasons why I am placed in places.

With that said, I am off to work on the plays. Jeri and I have a meeting tomorrow and right now my brain is not ready for it. The wonderful time I've spent with family and the card group [not-related family] has filled up majority of my not-sleeping time since being home. It's been lovely, but sometimes spending a certain amount of time at the Napping House or with people from the Napping House makes it difficult to return to the "to-do" world. Let's hope Allen's "Getting Things Done" will help this phenomenon.

No comments: