Tuesday, August 26, 2008

enough

If I could write a note in crayons... on a small piece of paper and leave it in your car... cause that was one of my favorite things to do... I would write this.

Hey you,
Do you remember my birthday 2 years ago-- when I got really upset when I couldn't find Succulent Wild Woman at the bookstore? And you thought it was dumb that I would get so upset about not being able to find a book and I couldn't explain to you why it mattered so much. Well my housemate lent me another book by the author. We temporarily traded SARK books. Well I opened A Creative Companion and the second page said this:

YOU ARE ENOUGH
YOU HAVE ENOUGH
YOU DO ENOUGH

I started to cry. It's not the first time I cried today. I cried earlier while listening to Photograph by Andrea Gibson. But you said that last night... when I was scared about not doing enough or being extraordinary enough. When I read this now I immediately began thinking, how can Sark say I'm enough, she doesn't know me and all that I've been through. She doesn't know what I've done and what I've-- given up... She doesn't know why I'm sad right now and why I'm so scared. Last night, when you said that though, that was exactly what I needed to hear. So thank you. I don't know if you're right, but I really hope you are. I hope no matter what it's enough... because if it's not that'll be pretty miserable.

No comments: