Tuesday, August 26, 2008

thirty-five

I had over 100 things about myself before, but I thought I'd start with 15 that are posted elsewehre and then begin again... so here are 35. I might add more later.

1. I am a runner. At Hope College, I steeple chase in the spring and 5k/6k in the fall.
2. I am a theatre major and a business minor (2010).
2b. I'm not sure what I want to do. I am afraid to commit to a certain idea because I don't want people to think I can't do it... especially cause those people who wouldn't say it to my face.
3. I am healing.
4. I have a selective memory. I acknowledge that most people’s realities aren’t what actually happened.
5. I want adventures and story time.
6. I often live vicariously through other people.
6b. “Sara Saturday lives in the Land of Make Believe.”
7. I receive chalk and crayons for most birthdays. I use them often.
8. I AM PRO-CHOICE.
9. I laugh at my own jokes when no one else does.
10. My family is the best.
11. I love camping: camp fires, s’mores, tents.
11b. I spent 8 days living in a tent behind the yellow house this past summer. I had a wonderful time.
12. I know I must look ridiculous when I dance but don’t bother to find out how ridiculous because it wouldn’t make me any happier.
13. Being invited is very important, and you should laugh while you’re there.
14. I like to be held.
15. I believe in trust, love and the promise that everything will turn out okay.
16. One of my life goals is to have my own library in my house when I'm a grown-up
17. One of my other life goals
is to run a naked 5k.
18. While I love the cross country team's tradition of playing assassins, I hate the way the game makes me anxious.
19. I can't stand fruit flies.
20. If I am in a room with some who hates spiders, I don't mind them and can take of them on my own. If I am in a room with someone who doesn't mind spiders, I jump more and ask them to take care of them.
21. I often see deer on runs and always talk with them before leaving. They give me a good feeling.
22. Just now, when I typed good feeling, the "It's a good feeling, to know you're alive" song by Mister Rogers just popped into my head. Listen here: http://pbskids.org/rogers/songlist/song2.html
23. If I turn on the tv (which isn't done often) and Mister Rogers is on, I'll stay on that channel.
24. I love playgrounds... especially at elementary schools I attended.
25. I scrapbook A LOT, but I only do so at home (ohio). I still need to scrapbook DC and all of summer.
26. I REALLY appreciate people who go out of their way to be nice to me when I'm feeling insecure. I spend time wishing good karma on those people.
27. I love mail.
28. I believe Andrea Gibson is one of the greatest slam poets of all time.
29. I don't know what makes a good writer or a good poet, but I'd like to find out cause I wish I could be one.
30. My counselor once told me I have a "loud mind". I think that's the nicest way to put it.
31. Phone calls are important to me.
32. I have a terrible habit of taking things that aren't personal... personally.
33. I'm definitely a work in progress.
34. I love Bob Dylan.
35. Sometimes I close my eyes and I'm where I was and not where I am.

No comments: