Saturday, August 23, 2008

From the front porch looking out.

It's my first evening out on my front porch. It rained early today so it's nice porch sitting weather. There aren't too many people walking, but my across-the-street neighbors and my new next door neighbors are out on their porches. The guys across the street look familiar, but I don't know the people next door at all. Although the guys across the street are currently talking with the girls next door. I'm not the biggest fan of change and I miss last year's neighbors a lot. We all knew I'd miss the next door neighbors. Their house was sort of my escape from mine. 9 women in one house... you'll need a place like that. The yellow house is kind of far so I'm not sure what I'll do for a respite this year, but I'm sure I'll find one. Maybe I'll put my name on my chair so the porch can be my permanent respite :) I love this porch. I am excited for Sunday mornings. I love eating a bowl of cereal and jsut watching the people. Depending how my sleep schedule goes Tuesdays and Thursdays might be graced with the same routine... minus the people walking to church. If you'd like to sit with me, please come over any time. I won't claim that it's thrilling or exciting by any means, but it's very chill*... and that, my friends, is just what I need.




*chill when the giant, loud shuttle bus isn't driving by and when there is no construction.

No comments: