Monday, August 25, 2008

You just can't tell trees that.

I'm probably in love with Andrea Gibson. She's a slam poet and I have a hard time recommending just one poem... as I haven't heard/read one that I havent' fallen for yet, but here is a link to photograph...it's a start.

Photograph


I am having you follow the link instead of just reading it on here because on the same page you can play and hear Andrea say it to you. I highly recommend doing so... reading it to yourself doesn't do her justice...



Here is a small section of Photograph:

Autumn is the hardest season
the leaves are all falling
and they're falling like they're falling in love with the ground
and the trees are naked and lonely
I keep trying to tell them
new leaves will come around in the spring
but you can't tell trees those things
they're like me they just stand there
and don't listen
I wish you were here

No comments: