I can't help but wonder if our deputy status is limited to Hope's campus or if our jurisdiction includes the rest of the county or state... or world...
Probably not world, but you get the idea...
Hand Washing Police
All Hope Students, Staff and Faculty are from this day forward deputized as hand washing police officers!
Hand washing – PROPER Hand washing – is the Number 1 way to
prevent another episode of this viral illness!
Proper Hand washing means:
- Using Soap & Water
- Work up a lather and cover all surfaces of your hands, fingers, finger webs, under the nails and even up to your wrists.
- Continue to lather-up for 30 seconds – which is about how long it takes you to sing the Happy Birthday song. Sing so everyone knows you are doing your duty to protect our community!
- Rinse under running water.
- Turn off the faucet with a paper towel or use your elbow if a paper towel is not available.
Be ASSERTIVE! If you are in a public restroom and see that someone is trying to sneak away without washing their hands – or doing a quick “zip-zip” under the water….politely ask them to return and wash their hands properly.
Roommates – listen for the singing! If you don’t hear singing before someone comes out of the restroom – ask them to go back and do it right!
This Noro-like virus could return if we are not ALL diligent with our hand washing!
* Remember…those of you who had this are not immune to a second, third, fourth….. illness/infection.