Friday, June 19, 2009

2 Bowls of Cereal into the Day

"It's like forgetting the words to your favorite song.
You can't believe it; you were always singing along.
It was so easy, and the words so sweet.
You can't remember; You try to feel the beat."
-Regina


You can spend a lot of time sleeping, waking up to run, running with a friend, falling back asleep, prepping for rehearsal, going to rehearsal, socializing with your parents, and going back to bed. It's essentially all I've done for the last couple of days.

I have to finish the props list and my prompt book this weekend. I'm not sure when to do that, but it will get done. I don't mind spending lots of time on shows that are filled with positive people. I know we're only a week into rehearsals, but the show is fun and it makes it much easier to stay excited about it. You should come see it at the end of July.

I know a family where things are a bit off in the house. The children hide from the chaos in different things. The oldest girl hides in her boyfriend. The middle boy hides in drugs. The youngest girl hides in books. For some reason, the youngest is the only one the mother seems worried about.
There are four toddler girls whose mother doesn't eat and who rarely feeds them.
While we can only change ourselves. At times, reality is disappointing to me.

My Dad left yesterday with a friend to go camping in the Adirondacks. I don't know if you have ever looked at a map of of 'em, but the biggest national park in the US takes up about a third of the state of New York. Looking at the potential trails with him made me want to go camping and to go hiking up mountains.

It's 7:30 in the morning. My mom and I stayed up until almost 2 last night. I was going to run a race this morning, but Julia, who I was going to run with woke up late and I think it's a sign I can go back to bed. She has kept me motivated the last two days. We ran 45 minutes on Thursday and 50 on Friday (including 4 strides and six hills... including Crown Hill). Part of me knows I should just go run the 5k and get it out of the way. Instead I will promise myself in the next month I will run a 5k. The day before the race I won't run hills either. Perhaps I'll register early to guarantee myself I will run it. Plus, I will save a few dollars and maybe get a t-shirt out of the deal. I don't think I would have received a t-shirt today. $18? I deserve a t-shirt. Given, the attendance will probably be low due to the rain and I might've won something really cool in the raffle, but another day... Promise.


Disappointingly, I have a feeling the Chalk Walk will be canceled given today's rain.
Oh well, there are rain dates.
I'll stay home, be productive and listen to Regina Spektor's spectacular new CD.

No comments: