Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Spattering

Friends are important. I like the idea of spending time with them.
We had our very first dinner party last night and it was absolutely wonderful... laughter and delightful foods were enjoyed by all (I think)(at least by me a lot).

Success, by any definition is hard to find. Ralph's definition is particularly difficult. Must we all post it on our fridge?
To laugh much; to win respect of intelligent persons and the affections of children; to earn the approbation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give one's self; to leave the world a little better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition.; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm, and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived--this is to have succeeded."

I'm scared of not succeeding.

In order to fight against the "but I'm too tired to run" thing I've been doing for the past month, I brought my running clothes to work and I'm just going to run home with my phone in one hand and my keys in the other. Woo!

It's going to DOWNPOUR on the way home. I'm banking on it being cleansing.



Songs like this make me cry.

No comments: