Sunday, February 15, 2009

Goal: Self Love

So one of the thing the kid-down-the-hall doesn't like about me is that I'm too extreme or intense or have too many personalities. He "can't stand me" when I act like a five year old. There are other things he told me which are perhaps more constructive, but these particular attributes are ones that I have no intentions of changing. The "intense" comment made me think of SARK. The goal is to be intense. There is no such thing as "being too much". I went onto Sark's World and then went to the forum. On there someone had recommended this blog. The most recent entry (as of right now) is "101 Happy Little Ways to Be Your Own Valentine. Many of them are marvelous. #45 is to write a love letter to your body. It then links to a previously written blog which includes such letter. I started to read it, but then stopped as that was not what I imagined at all. If I was going to write a love letter to my body, I would want to write one so lovely it would want to write one back. So, I am off to do that. I will not be sharing it here, as love letters are not supposed to be shared until both the recipient and giver are either dead or in 7th grade... and even then...


I challenge you to do the same.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the fact that you are intense...it's what I remember the most about you. Bye the way Ryan and Matt say hello and Ryan was shocked to hear you were away this semester, I think a little jealous as am I and a little sad at the thought of not seeing you. Sounds like you are enjoying yourself.
~ Lauren S (Black River tutor :))

Anonymous said...

Lauren, you are amazing and just made me feel 10million times better. Tell Ryan and Matt I said hello. I really miss tutoring at black river! (tell Fran-- and Lacey if you see her, although last time I talked to her she wasn't going to tutoring there-- I said hello as well! ) I'm kind of jealous that you're there able to do all of that! How are other things?
Overall I am having a good time here. It's definitely a different world from Holland, Michigan, but it's wonderful in its own ways. My classes are wonderful and I've seen more shows in the last month than I have in the last year... so I enjoy myself most of the time :)
Do you blog?
Let me know how are things are going! I hope all is well!