Wednesday, February 4, 2009

It's hard to be positive when you're sad.

Do me a favor, next time I get in one of these moods... remind me of this:

O ME! O life! of the questions of these recurring,
Of the endless trains of the faithless, of cities fill'd with the
foolish,
Of myself forever reproaching myself, (for who more foolish than I,
and who more faithless?)
Of eyes that vainly crave the light, of the objects mean, of the
struggle ever renew'd,
Of the poor results of all, of the plodding and sordid crowds I see
around me,
Of the empty and useless years of the rest, with the rest me
intertwined,
The question, O me! so sad, recurring-What good amid these, O me,
O life?

Answer.
That you are here-that life exists and identity,
That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.




If I shoot you a mean look, tell me to splash some cold water on my face, take a nap and then get off my bum and contribute. If I want friendly people in London... I'll just be one of them.

Yes, it's discouraging when you pass 200 people and not one can maintain eye contact long enough to even 1/3-smile, but hey, if that 201st person does, it's nice... and worth it.
I'm done with the first 200. I cried about them. I got upset and became irrational in front of one of those people I was really trying to not be irrational in front of, but oh well tomorrow's a new day... and there's a paper due. Let's think about that instead.

Woo!

ps. At the end of this month I am going to see Amy. I am very, very excited. I love her and haven't seen her since August.

No comments: