Monday, January 26, 2009

There are no 'open roads' in London

There's something about running that just makes my life that much better. This morning Trevor and I went running to the Kensington Central library to pick up copies of books we needed for our class. That is pretty much the only thing I've done today. I made myself a large pasta dish for lunch (tomato pesto-sauce with hamburg meat in it all over spaghetti noodles.... with some red wine... ah! delicious) and fell asleep shortly after it as a result of being so full. I just ordered a book online, but that's about it. And oddly, I don't feel too terrible about it. I accomplished about the same amount of nothingness yesterday (which means I'll be up late tonight finishing homework), but hadn't run. As a result I felt much less productive with my day.

Moral of the story: Running probably does a lot more psychological good than it does physical good.


I wonder if I lived in another area of London, perhaps more North or more East (cheaper and/or more night-life-inclined), would I feel the same way as I do about London? Given, I have spent at least a little time in most of the boroughs, but the view out of your window when you wake up affects your approach to the day.

No comments: