Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Magical! Numbers.

Three is the magic number. We learned this in communication classes for presentations and in theatre classes for playwriting. People don't like to remember more than three things. That's why people like the three bears and the three pigs and... well, you get the idea. The odd thing is people don't belong in groups of three, they just like the idea of three.

I suppose I am getting off topic. That was all to tell you that I am going to tell you three things, but in all honesty, by the time I finished that paragraph I changed my mind, you'll get more...

The Original 3:

1. There is a pink car that parks on Manrsea Road every day. I have never seen the owner, but some of my acquaintances have. She's apparently a slightly older than middle age woman. That's about all I've gotten about her. Today I was walking home from a play and I noticed the pink car and it put a smile on my face. It's a lovely looking car. Sometimes it makes me think of the pink house in The Secret Life of Bees. I don't think it's the same color pink, but rather I think it makes people smile in the same way. Sometimes I pass the car and I just think of the car. Goodness! It is pink! I'm not sure if the woman knows this about her car. I left her a note thanking her for her car and letting her know it makes me happy to walk past. I hope she "gets it".

2. I have decided the worst possible thing about having a cold in London is going to the theatre. You have to sit and hold your coughs until a loud part. Plus you're really worried about whether or not you're ruining the show for everyone else. It really makes the production quite difficult. After the show I apologized to the people around me. Apparently the guys behind me hadn't even noticed. It was a pretty good show. If I hadn't been the one coughing, I'm not sure if I would've noticed either. I hope my cough goes away for tomorrow's performance of King Lear!

3. Last week a lot of things were going wrong for my Aunt. Her health was not doing well, her purse got stolen, it was just one thing after another. However I received an email today from her that let us know that things were getting better. After she sent out her email she received many back, reassuring her, validating her, and reaching out. It really reminded me how important it is that we all reach out. Even if we're not sure what we need, perhaps someone else is able to help without knowing the exact cure either.

One thing she wrote in her email I feel as though I need to write on my wall, to remind me often. She said she is learning
"reciprocity – to bless what I have, to ask for what I need, to offer what I can"

So to you, I encourage you to take care of yourself and by doing so, you will be able to take care of others.





Instead of adding a zillion more, lemme say these three:
1. I enjoy physical comedy. They make it possible to do shows without the audience knowing the language.
2. Conversations with good friends are important. Hearing their voices is even better. Thank you to Schae-Schae, Bristol, Rachel and Amy for all your help, love and guidance.
3. I don't have a job for this summer. I am getting stressed about it in a very strange way. I know it will take care of itself, but I am worried about the way in which it will be taken care of. I'm not so sure that it'll be a good idea.



And with that, goodnight my loves.

And thank you. For everything.


1: I decided I like punctuation in plays better than I like it in regular english. In plays you can use punctuation to show the way one speaks, not just the way the rules asks for it. So the above "And thank you. For everything." is alright because there needs to be a full stop after the you. The for everything is a new thought.

Punctuation in plays fascinates me. <3

2. It was originally 1, 2, & 3 together in the punctuation comment above, but then Pat provided the Fun Fact of the day and I thought it should be shared. So here you go...

3. Fun Fact of the day: Mountain Dew was invented in the 1940s. It was made in Knoxville, Tennessee, and flavored with lemon and lime. The drink was created as a mixer for Whiskey, which is why it was named "Mountain Dew" -- a slang term for moonshine




So, uh... goodnight moon <3

No comments: