Saturday, July 25, 2009

Recent

Once Upon a Mattress is going SO well! I am really happy with how the show has turned out. It's just too bad that there isn't more of a crowd to appreciate it!

My sister is coming to visit for a couple of days tomorrow. I'm wonderfully excited. It's been a little while since I've seen her.

Tonight was my 4th night in a row of hanging out with theatre kids post-theatre. I truly enjoy them. We had some 'quality' night volleyball (quality as in fun, not quality as in sprinters vs. distance). It's just great to have the opportunity to spend time with wonderful people. And I know there's still one night left so I probably shouldn't speak too soon, but the drama (I've been aware of) has been so low it's been wonderful. I had a feeling this summer might be good in that way, but you just never know.

In other news, this week for running has gone
Sunday: 40
Monday: 90
Tuesday: 0
Wednesday: 55
Thursday: 45
Friday: 0
Saturday: Well, it hasn't happened yet, but I am hoping to wake up so I can run some with Julia. We can't have 3 goose eggs on the chart. Besides, that about half of what my Hope girls are doing right now... ikes. Still, I'm proud of that token 90. Anna Jo and I might be running a 10-er on Sunday which means Monday (the h.s.'ers long day) will be interesting. I don't think I'll do two longs days. My legs have had enough trouble recovering. Well, off to bed. I will leave you with this. It was posted in my blog two years ago.
It speaks for itself.



Autobiography in Five Short Chapters
By Portia Nelson

I.
I walk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I fall in
I am lost... I am helpless
It isn't my fault.
It takes forever to find a way out.

II.
I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I pretend I don't see it.
I fall in again.
I can't believe I am in the same place.
But it still isn't my fault.
It still takes a long time to get out.

III.
I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk
I see it is there.
I still fall in... it's a habit.
My eyes are open.
I know where I am.
It is my fault.
I get out immediately.

IV.
I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole
in the sidewalk.
I walk around it.

V.
I walk down another street.

No comments: