Thursday, July 2, 2009

Well Fairs

I'm a libertarian. I'm also a semi-informed person. I say this because there are a zillion issues I do not research. I pick a few things and become informed on them. If I entered more political debates, this would get me in trouble, but when it comes down to it, I care more about other things: theatre, running, ect. I know that policies made by past and current governments are important, but when it comes down to it, I'll do my job and you do yours. I care about civilian rights, education (which includes museums and libraries) and truth. I don't think the whole economic crisis was handled in the way that I, a girl who has read 10 economic books, taken a few classes and lived 20 years, would have handled it. This does not mean it was stupid or not thought through, but there probably were other, perhaps, better options. In the meantime, I am just trusting that the economy will turn around eventually, and hopefully sooner, rather than later. So, you can stop asking if I'm afraid to graduate and be unemployed. That's a full year away and I have no more to say about it. If I didn't have my parents, I'd currently be on the streets this summer because I couldn't afford a place to live. Let's focus on now and let later take care of itself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should start answering with "well gee, if I had a dollar for every time someone asked me that, I wouldn't have to worry." Then ask them for the dollar they owe you. Then just stick your hand out as close to their face as possible and wait until they get it that they really have to pay you. It still won't be as obnoxious as them repeatedly asking in the first place, but it's a start ; )