Thursday, February 18, 2010

40 Days of Thankfulness

I don't think I have ever given something out for Lent. It would probably do my body some good to give up swearing, fatty foods, or the Kletz in general, but alas, I don't like to make promises I know I won't keep. It would have to be something along the lines of: try not to swear in casual conversation or something of the sort. Instead, I am going to try and have forty days straight of going to bed filled with appreciation. Note: I'm aware it's technically Thursday, but I haven't slept yet so it's still Wednesday.

Today has been a day FULL of things to be thankful about, but since the bed is calling, here is a short list:

My amazing housemates in general
Amy, who reduced my stress level GREATLY by not only moving my clothes to the dryer, but folding them all and setting them in beautiful piles on my bed... including the matched socks!
Honest conversations with my roommate <3
An understanding roommate
Active cuddling with someone who really cares
Patience and understanding from the lighting kids
Not-too-angry theatre faculty when the lights weren't done
The fabulous women in the Kletz who remember my name and make me feel important
Chocolate
Pretzels
An understanding co-producer who knows that sometimes you are just fighting to do enough to sleep at night
An AME who talks to cable and fixtures too
Christine- who understands how important it is to connect to people and who went with me on the orange floaties analogy... things are going along swimmingly
A sister who "gets you" more often than not
Sleep


Many of these things will surely be repeated throughout the forty days, but that's okay. Some things you should be thankful for every day... like the Holy Spirit

And on that note, it's pushing 2A and I still have homework. I hope all of you are well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did I make this list because you knew I'd read it? haha