10 Things about me right now.
Ignore the detached thought process, weird punctuation and verb forms.
1. It is 2 A.M. and I am eating a clementine in a hotel room with 2 double beds to myself.
2. I am in Toledo for my Grandpa's funeral and the additional things I have learned about him this weekend make me wish I had higher grades for him. (Every time he would call he'd ask how I was doing in school: "Getting all A's?" "...trying")
3. I'm grateful I'm a woman now and not 90 years ago. The Great Depression and the lack of women's rights makes raising four kids when your husband has up and gone-- not terribly possible)
4. I would rather be awake at 2A than 2P
5. I haven't accomplished any more school or theatre work this weekend and I don't feel guilty about it. I am dreading Monday night.
6. Today, I was told by people I had just met [who have been in law and business for over 40 years] that I would make a great manager [of theatre]. I was on one of my passionate speeches about theatre in London. All I need is the backing... and other devoted, passionate, (more) sane people.
7. I love public speaking when it doesn't matter what I say as long as it comes from me
8. When I am the conversational mover and am on a mission to talk to people, I get tired later.
8. Today I was reminded, yet again, about the importance of friends
9. and that my ability to have amazing friends comes from my family- immediate and extended.
10. I am not impressed with the lighting in this Hilton room, but the mirrors are surprisingly good despite it.
Thanks to everyone who has been supporting me lately. I need you and could not do this without you. I'd probably still be under the covers or in Meijer raiding the chocolate aisle. I don't think I'm going to be magically 'on' tomorrow, but this weekend with my beautiful, loud, quirky, and forgiving family sure does help with the need for love and hugs.