Sunday, February 7, 2010

Ten at Two

10 Things about me right now.
Ignore the detached thought process, weird punctuation and verb forms.


1. It is 2 A.M. and I am eating a clementine in a hotel room with 2 double beds to myself.
2. I am in Toledo for my Grandpa's funeral and the additional things I have learned about him this weekend make me wish I had higher grades for him. (Every time he would call he'd ask how I was doing in school: "Getting all A's?" "...trying")
3. I'm grateful I'm a woman now and not 90 years ago. The Great Depression and the lack of women's rights makes raising four kids when your husband has up and gone-- not terribly possible)
4. I would rather be awake at 2A than 2P
5. I haven't accomplished any more school or theatre work this weekend and I don't feel guilty about it. I am dreading Monday night.
6. Today, I was told by people I had just met [who have been in law and business for over 40 years] that I would make a great manager [of theatre]. I was on one of my passionate speeches about theatre in London. All I need is the backing... and other devoted, passionate, (more) sane people.
7. I love public speaking when it doesn't matter what I say as long as it comes from me
8. When I am the conversational mover and am on a mission to talk to people, I get tired later.
8. Today I was reminded, yet again, about the importance of friends
9. and that my ability to have amazing friends comes from my family- immediate and extended.
10. I am not impressed with the lighting in this Hilton room, but the mirrors are surprisingly good despite it.



Thanks to everyone who has been supporting me lately. I need you and could not do this without you. I'd probably still be under the covers or in Meijer raiding the chocolate aisle. I don't think I'm going to be magically 'on' tomorrow, but this weekend with my beautiful, loud, quirky, and forgiving family sure does help with the need for love and hugs.

No comments: