Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Vision of Seeing Things Straight [Light]

Apparently my dream already exists, but I didn't know about it when I was in New York. I suppose it is just one more reason to return now.

I also find it so interesting that it is called "The Moth" considering the piece I wrote 3 years ago called "The Moth". It was three years ago and as much as I know now, I knew something of great importance and sadness back then.


"It was a great mistake, my being born a man. I would have been much more successful as a sea gull or a fish. As it is, I will always be a stranger who never feels at home, who does not really want and is not really wanted, who can never belong"
-Eugene O'Neill

I hope Eugene changed his mind. Three years ago I said that was me too, but thinking about it a little more seriously, I do not believe I'd be a very good sea gull or fish. I wouldn't mind trying to be a dragon fly for awhile though. I might be good at that.





Today was incredibly productive.
I am thankful my legs let me do another four mile run today in my shoes which my parents bought me this past weekend.
I am thankful my mind got a bit a reprieve when I stopped midrun to walk by the water and then swing for awhile.
I am thankful that on the way to the swingset I stepped in wet ground so I could remember what spring meant and feel the funny mush in my shoes. It's not my favorite feeling, but I appreciate the memories it brings.
I am grateful for a productive meeting about lighting for Behind the Uniform. The design may take some work, but I have a good feeling about it.
I am thankful for the quietness of the third floor of the library and how many wonderful resources are at my fingertips for research.
I loved today's weather of slightly overcast high 40s uncertainty.
I am relieved by my doctor's appointment and the general encouragement by the people there.
I am thankful for my parents. They are awesome.

And I am extra thankful today for Amy who makes delicious chicken pockets and rice and shares them. I was ignoring real meals today for the sake of productivity and in order to write this 6 page paper I am about to start, I needed some deliciousness in my tummy.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

No comments: