Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My Neighbor

I sort of feel as though today's thank you's should be given exclusively to whatever great force finally got me to Texas to see my incredibly amazing friend Jessica (and Beth as she is now down here too!). We caught up and laughed and had a wonderful lunch [and ice cream, mmmmmm....]. I don't know if anyone remembers that time around high school when there were a lot of days when I felt like I had no real friends and they were all acquaintances, well, Jessica was an exception. And, I think I have just had all those feelings of lacking made up for in amazing friends ten fold in the last three years.

Today I had quality conversation with Jackie, Meghan, Jessica, Beth, and Julie. During my conversations with all of them I sensed a sense of confidence and assurance in the world. We are all fairly uncertain about what's to come, but there was such vigor and purpose in the speech. It moves me. Given, I am still not sure where I am going to end up or what my life means. I have a fairly decent idea of where I want to end up. I am applying to quite a few places back in New York, but I am looking at a fair number of other places too. I am aiming to be within a few hours of family members [New York being the exception]. Anyone who knows me would atest to the fact that I am not a homebody, but at the same time, my family is great and unless something with an incredibly strong pull comes along, I see no reason not to stay within a reasonable distance of someone. By having people in Texas, Colorado, Ohio, California, and Florida... it makes it a bit easier to say all of this; I probably wouldn't say it if it limited me to Ohio. Of course, the US as a whole isn't thaaaat big- so most places are in some sort of "reasonable distance". Right?


At the end of the day, what I am trying to say, is that I am thankful for my friends being happy and less and less lost. I find the most amazing people throughout my life and seeing them encouraged does more for me than even I would have imagined.

No comments: